<2018

 MINUTES

LEIGH-ON-MENDIP ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

HELD ON MONDAY 21 MAY 2018 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE MEMORIAL HALL

 

Present

Chris Cudmore

CC

 

 

David Mattick

DM

 

 

David Sparkes

DS

 

 

Simon Wolf

SW

 

 

Vicki Trundle

VT

 

 

Vicki Taylor

VGT

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

Anthea Brooks, Clerk

AB

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1

APOLOGIES

ACTIONS

 

 

 

1.1

Apologies were received from Philip Ham, County and District Councillor (PH) and Alan Townsend, District Councillor (AT).

 

 

 

 

2

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND DISPENSATIONS AND REQUEST FOR RECORDING

 

 

 

 

2.1

There were no declarations or dispensations or requests for recording

 

 

 

 

3

ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN

 

 

 

 

3.1

CC was proposed by DM, seconded by VGT and agreed unanimously.  CC accepted the chairmanship

 

 

 

 

4

ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN

 

 

 

 

4.1

DM was proposed by DS, seconded by SW and agreed unanimously.  DM accepted the vice chairmanship

 

 

 

 

5

MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 15 MAY 2017

 

 

 

 

5.1

The minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting held on 15 May 2017 were agreed as a true and accurate record and signed by the Chairman

 

 

 

 

6

MATTERS ARISING FROM THE ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES OF 15 MAY 2017

 

 

 

 

6.1

Affordable Housing (13.1)  – AT has identified the person to meet with at MDC,  A meeting took place- complete

 

 

 

 

 

6.2

Risk Assessment (13.2) – the updated risk assessment was circulated and the Clerk produced a list of actions arising from this – complete

 

 

 

 

6.3

Dog Bags (13.4) – the provision of dog bags on the side of the bins was discussed and considered – complete

 

 

 

 

6.4

Rural Forum (13.5) – DS attended the meeting - complete

 

 

 

 

6.5

Co-option of Councillors (13.7) – complete

 

 

 

 

6.6

Invitation to host free NHS Health Check Events (13.8) – the Parish Council had agreed to host this event themselves and it will be organised to take place in October.  Completed by the Clerk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6.7

Requirements for APCM from Standing Orders (13.10)  - the Clerk had checked the requirements for the APCM from Standing Orders – complete

 

 

 

 

 

 

7

ELECTION OF REPRESENTATIVES

 

 

 

 

7.1

Representations were agreed as follows

 

 

 

 

 

·                Quarry – David Sparkes

 

 

·                Footpaths – David Sparkes

 

 

·                Recreation Field – Simon Wolf

 

 

·                Memorial Hall – David Mattick

 

 

·                Highways – Chris Cudmore

 

 

·                School – Simon Wolf

 

 

·                SALC – Clerk

 

 

·                Website – Chris Cudmore

 

 

·                Administration of Facebook Group –Vikki Batten

 

 

·                Police/PCSO – a representative will attend PACT meetings where there are issues which affect the village

 

 

 

 

7.2

 VGT stated that she would stand in when required and also undertake special projects.

 

 

 

 

8

APPROVAL OF ASSET REGISTER

 

 

 

 

8.1

The Asset Register had been checked and updated and was approved and signed by VGT and CC.

 

 

 

 

9

PLANNING

 

 

 

 

9.1

2018/1081/APP Approval of details reserved by conditions 3 (materials) and 4 (Landscaping) on planning permission 2017/2148/FUL – Cosy Cottage, Leigh-on-Mendip

 

 

 

 

9.1.1

The above application was discussed and it was agreed that the design is compliant with the Village Design Statement and therefore it was agreed to recommend approval.  The Clerk will inform MDC.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

9.2

2018/0804/APP and 2018/0805/APP – applications for approval of details reserved by conditions 3 external facing stonework, 4 external joinery, 5 external ducts, pipes and rainwater goods, 6 external facing materials, 7 balustrade fitted/installed on planning consent 2018/0026/VRC and 2018/0002/VRC at Rookery Farm, Halecombe Quarry, Leigh-on-Mendip

 

 

 

 

9.2.1

The above applications were discussed and it was noted that all materials are traditional.  It was agreed that the Clerk should inform MDC that the Parish Council had considered these applications and had no comments to make. 

 

 

 

 

10

FINANCE

 

 

 

 

10.1

Governance Statement – the Governance Statement was presented to the Council.  It was proposed for approval and signature by DM, seconded by DS and agreed unanimously. 

 

 

 

 

10.2

Year End Accounts the financial statement as at 31.03.18 was approved and signed as a correct record.  Internal audit will now take place.  Under the new guidance the accounts will be published on the village website once complete.  An exemption certificate will need to be signed to confirm that the Council as a smaller authority has a gross income or expenditure which does not exceed £25,000 in the year of accounts ended March 2018 and that they therefore wish to certify themselves as exempt from a limited assurance review under Section 9 of the Local Audit (Smaller Authorities) Regulations 2015.

 

 

 

 

10.3

Financial Statement as at 21.05 18 – the financial statement as at 21.05.18 was approved and signed as a correct record

 

 

 

 

10.4

The following payments were agreed and cheques signed

 

 

 

 

 

·                Liam Biddlecombe (All Seasons Tree Cutting) – churchyard grass cutting £130.00

 

 

·                Mrs A Brooks – Clerk’s Salary for April - £218.42

 

 

·                Leigh-on-Mendip School – amount paid to the Council in error - £250.00

 

 

·                Mrs A Brooks – Cemetery Clerk for 2017/18 - £91.69

 

 

 

 

10.5

Renewal of insurance cover – it was agreed that the Clerk would distribute the renewal documentation to Councillors for consideration and that the cheque for the annual premium would be presented at the next meeting (£348.62).  The Council have entered into a three year binding agreement with Ecclesiastical until the 31 May 2020

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

11

OPEN SPACE PROJECT – STATUS OF FOI AND COMPLAINT RECEIVED

 

 

 

 

11.1

CC stated that MDC have responded on the FOI request.  The formal complaint received on 28 April was acknowledged on 30 April.  The complaint alleges breaches of the Code of Conduct associated with the Open Space bid.  MDC has been asked and has agreed to undertake the investigation.  As a result of this no further discussion on this subject will take place at this or subsequent Parish Council meetings until the issue has been resolved.

 

 

 

 

 

The Annual Parish Council Meeting was interrupted at this point to hold the Annual Parish Meeting (see separate minutes).

 

 

 

 

12

OTHER REVIEWS REQUIRED BY STANDING ORDERS

 

 

 

 

12.1

The Clerk will check any other reviews which are required by Standing Orders.

 

Clerk

 

 

 

13

URGENT REPORTS/ACTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS

 

 

 

 

045.4/17

Bank Mandate – PF to submit her mandate and take to a Nat West Bank.

 

PF

 

 

 

193.3.1/17

Closed  Cemetery Area next to east end of church – it was noted that the ground had now dried out and approach is being made to the ground worker to see if the work can be resumed.

 

 

 

 

106/17

Dog Waste Problem – the stray dog has been reported to MDC and DM confirmed that he would be happy to give evidence.  The owners have been approached and have apologised. 

 

 

 

 

118.2/18

Grass Cutting Contract – Recreation Field – the schedule for cutting the different areas has now been agreed - complete

 

 

 

 

135.1/17

Open Space Project – VGT to provide the Clerk with a copy of the letter sent to householders in The Hedgerow

 

VGT

 

 

 

145.3.1/17

Street Cleaning – CC had contacted MDC about the street sweeping who stated that there had been no change to the schedule although the contractor states otherwise.  The street had been swept in the previous week.

 

 

 

 

148.2/17

Diversion of Footpath – CC is pursuing the question of who owns the Drang.  It was agreed that there is no urgency to divert the footpath at the moment.

 

 

 

 

150.1/17

2018 Newsletter – the newsletter had been printed by the Clerk and distributed – complete.

 

 

 

 

153.8/17

Data Protection – the Clerk will attend the SALC training on 22 May and in due course will provide a report and actions for the Council and for the Recreation Field Management Committee and Memorial Hall Committee

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

156/17

Life Education letter – requesting a grant towards their work or providing health, wellbeing and drug prevention education to the children of Leigh-on-Mendip School.  The Clerk had sent this to SW who reported that this company approach local organisations to obtain general funding.  The use by the school is not contingent on the Parish Council providing a grant for its use - complete

 

 

 

 

14

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 

 

 

 

14.1

The next Parish Council Meeting will take place on Monday 18 June at 7.00 p.m. in the Memorial Hall.