MINUTES OF LEIGH-ON-MENDIP PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 8 MAY 1991 IN THE SCHOOL. Councillors in attendance were J Davis, R Dixon, A Gould, Mrs H Park, D Pattison, D Turner & D Yelland, some parishioners & Mr Merrick. After conferring with Mr Merrick Mr Yelland opened the meeting by introducing it as the first meeting of the newly elected council. Declarations of Acceptance of Office were signed & witnessed. The Minutes of the last meeting were accepted. MATTERS ARISING Parish consultation on housing was planned for July/August. The new Post Office will be open on the 17 June. HALECOMBE QUARRY Mr Davis took the chair. SCC were meeting on 14 May to discuss the Planning Application. Mr Merrick told of the changes that had been addressed since it was first lodged - 1) After-use proposals were included & a legal bond of £100,000 was to be forthcoming. 2) Emergency work was defined as being for safety purposes. 3) Landscaping proposals had been reworded. Mr Turner asked if the 'bond' was index linked, Mr Merrick will find out' he also thought it would apply if any company took over WH in the future. Mr Merrick stated his belief that National Legislation will be forthcoming soon concerning the 'moth balling' of quarries. He expressed his satisfaction at the work done by the NRA concerning water. Parish Councillors felt that more monitoring was needed. Concern was again expressed that the Bulls Green Link Road was not included in the planning application - Mr Merrick said this was because it was perceived to be of public, not just private, benefit. It was agreed that a letter should be sent to SCC & to individual Councillors listing Leigh PC's concerns about the application. (Action DP, Clerk JD, RD,DT) BULLS GREEN LINK ROAD a letter of opposition to the BGL will be sent. WATCH BOX Mr Lee will be contacted. (CLERK) FINANCE A cheque for £12 had been received for the Watch the Box scheme. DT Proposed & AG Seconded the payment of £12 to G Lee. A Triennial Audit was not possible as over £2,000 had been spent last year. A cheque for the Insurance Premium was made out. PLANNING Concern had been expressed about tipping at Great House Farm blocking a water course, the NRA will be contacted and DY will speak to the owner. (CLERK & DY) A complaint had been made about lorry parking at Ducks. (DY) CORRESPONDENCE Mineral Working Review - Mr Chapman, Director of Environment Dept for SCC offered to attend a meeting. (Clerk) Documents from the Royal British Legion Housing Assoc were circulated. Mendip Guide was available. An Emergency Committee Advisor was needed. The NHS Trust Application will be discussed at the next meeting. Correspondence deploring MDC's plan to continue the fight against Sunday Trading using Community Charge payers money had been received. Next Meeting - the AGM & Annual Parish Meeting on 10 May.
Back to list of meetings